Do what you love.
Love what you do.
What's Owning a Studio Like?
It's hard work. It's crazy fun.
It's unbelievably rewarding.
And we sometimes accidentally wear our aprons home.
If you could peek in the window on a typical day, you’d see – and hear – that we’re a bright, bustling children’s art studio where there is a lot of laughter and silliness and creative hustling going on! You’d see the paint flying and glitter falling and energetic, bright-eyed, joyful little people with glue-y little fingers, learning about patience and counting to ten and trying to show Gravity who’s boss. You’d hear lots of stories and questions and talk about color. You’d see some serious heads down focusing on improving skills and techniques and working through frustrations. You’d see experiments happening – painting, collaging, printmaking and mess-making. You’d see friendships being formed. You’d see a team of talented teachers with paint encrusted aprons and chalk pastel smudged faces.
But it’s what you can’t see peeking in the window that is perhaps what makes us most proud! You can’t see a child’s inner confidence growing, their connections to the world around them expanding, the light of creative self-discovery in their imaginations getting brighter. You can’t hear the dreams calling out to their hearts getting louder. You can’t see the freedom they find when they walk through the door, or the joy that fills their souls when they leave.
Yes we make art here. We make beautiful things and, sometimes, not-so-beautiful things. Teaching art to children is a little like gardening; we’re getting dirty, planting seeds & pulling weeds. We sweep up, turn off the lights & show up the next day excited to see what has grown.
What makes us unique?
Each Child is Our #1 Priority
We think there is a lot about us that is different, but we believe its our focus on each child and their individual experience while they are here that has been at the core of our success and word of mouth referrals. We believe that if every child who spends time in the studio has a fabulous experience and leaves feeling enriched and happy with their creations, we’ve done our job! We continuously push our own creative boundaries as teachers and artists, constantly striving to dream up new and different projects that will “wow” our students and parents! We want kids to learn while creating. We don’t do crafts that are better suited for the kitchen table, or mass-produce cookie cutter projects that are blowing up on Pinterest. We like being different and unique and that has always served us well!
Six different revenue streams, all able to flex with your unique business needs in your market:
Owning a Franchise
Small Hands Big Art has almost 10 years of experience running a successful, brick-and-mortar children’s art studio that has grown steadily and organically. Our second, independently owned & operated location opened in Fort Mill, SC in December, 2018. This is a photo of our proud Fort Mill studio owners, the Lumpkins!
We’ve built a solid reputation and model around a children’s fine-art inspired curriculum infused with a modern and contemporary spin — and we’re excited to share it with you!
Keep reading to see if our profile of a potential Small Hands Big Art studio owner reminds you of someone you know <ahem>. It might sound like an online dating profile, but we know our type. You probably do too. It may take us a while to find the perfect match, but when we do, it will be a relationship that will last!
- You love children
- You’re not afraid of hard work (these paintbrushes don’t wash themselves! wink wink)
- You’re equally creative and strategic-minded
- You’re a creative entrepreneur with hustle and style
- You have strong business experience in management, marketing or sales
- You’re passionate about visual arts and the benefits of arts education
- Profitability and a strong bottom line are important to you, but you’re also motivated by the desire for a flexible career, spending time with your family, and living a life creative
- You believe in the transformative power of art and want to make a difference in the lives of children
- You have the courage to take risks and do what calls out to your heart and soul
- You know and trust in your capabilities
- You like to organize things in the color of the rainbow (we can relate)…
Then Maybe We Should Talk!
Things We Are Proud Of
- We’ve built a successful, sustainable, & scalable business model
- We have a unique, strong brand identity with a wide social media reach
- We’re positioned well in a wildly emerging & growing business segment
- We’re committed to your success – we’re looking to slowly build solid, sustainable and collaborative partnerships.
- We share our “secret sauce”! You get the keys to our vault of almost ten years of original, outside-the-box lesson plans, all at your fingertips in our company shared drive. Imagine an organized, searchable database of thousands of lessons with step-by-step instructions, one page lesson plans with links to reference photos & info, and instructional videos! And printable information for parents about each lesson!
Ongoing Training & Support
- We offer a solid training program to help you succeed! If you have all other qualifications but are light on teaching experience yet strong on passion, we can help mold you!
- Our marketing and brand support includes materials to help you shine in the print world and social media platforms
Soup to Nuts Operational Support
We provide support for all aspects of franchise operations, from site selection to marketing and advertising support. This includes:
- Our continuously expanding vault of curated lesson plans, with detailed teacher how to’s, tips & tricks, and video demos.
- Robust Point of Sale system & reporting software
- Ongoing operational and marketing assistance & support
- Comprehensive Operations Manual
- Guidance regarding staffing, accounting, payroll
- Your own stand-alone, location specific customized website (hello Google rankings!)
- Guidance in site selection, branding, decor, supply management
Tap into your creative potential and make a difference in children's lives.
Are you ready?
Notice Regarding Franchise Offers and Sales
This information is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, a franchise. It is for information purposes only. There are approximately 15 states that regulate the offer and sale of franchises. The states are California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. If you are a resident of one of these states, are receiving this message in one of these states, or intend to operate a franchise in any of these states, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with any applicable pre-sale registration and/or disclosure requirements in the applicable jurisdiction.